Sunday, April 12, 2020

Happy Easter, Apparently!

Easter's a little different this year.

Well, Friends, according to my clock that tells the days of the week, it's Sunday, and the calendar says it's Easter Sunday at that. 

It's a little different this year, with all the quarantine.  Usually on Easter Weekend, my sister and her husband come up from Pittsburgh, and we have a Whole Big shindig for the weekend at my parents' house. My mom always hides eggs for ALL of us to find that day and throughout the rest of the year.

This year, it's Easter at Home for us.  I wasn't sure what to do, since I'm fairly fun-challeneged as a parent.  So I cut out a whole bunch of eggs from my scrapbook paper and hid them around the house.  And then I remembered that on an Essential Stuff run earlier this week, my husband had loaded up on candy-filled eggs at Walgreen's.

And I had told my daughter that Easter Bunny was on quarantine just like us. 

Oopsies.   

But in the morning, she'll come downstairs to hunt for scrapbook paper eggs and candy-filled ones.  And there'll be a note from Easter Bunny on her message board where I usually write notes to her before school.

We'll be spending the day at home.  No hobo-holidaying it this year, bouncing from one side of the family's festivities to the other side's.  I'm not going to lie.  Sometimes the holidays were too much, trying to cram everybody in all on the same day. But staying home and not having the option to go anywhere isn't wonderful, either.

I guess we have to do what we've all been doing during these strange times.  We have to make the best of things. But I sure wish we could get back to full social calendars and knowing what day of the week it is, based on what we're doing and where we're going.  It sure would make things feel a lot less uncertain.

Easter's about new birth, rising again.  If we made Easter wishes, I'd wish we could all rise again right now, instead of crouching afraid behind our windows at home.  I wish the curves would magically flatten, answers would present themselves, people at the Top would get a clue, and we could all move on instead of sitting here in stasis.

Have as happy an Easter as you can on this Easter 2020, Friends.  I'm not feeling very sassy today, to be honest with you.  But I'm thinking about you, just the same.

1 comment:

  1. As always, you are right on target. I've found that the older I get, the harder it is to change, but now we're all being forced to change whether we want to or not. And I've discovered that change isn't always bad.

    ReplyDelete