Saturday, April 18, 2020

When It Snows in April

"This stuff again?!" - Jeep Sahara, 4/17/2020
Hey, everybody!  It snowed yesterday!  I mean, a real, actual, honest-to-Frosty snow that had to be shoveled off the deck and sidewalk and made me consider trying to use my mower deck like a snow-blower to clear the snow from the driveway. 

The mower deck got put on a couple weeks ago and the plow blade was taken off.  Because a couple weeks ago, it was April, and we figured we were past such weather shenanigans as accumulated snow by that point in the calendar.  

2020, am I right?

Anyway, normally this kind of thing would really cramp my style, but I figure we're all under quarantine.  Nobody's going to be coming up my driveway anyway!  Problem solved.

Also, because it IS April, and the beginning of the end of it at that, it's going to be warm again next week.  This giant sno-cone isn't long for the world.  

It's a rare opportunity to get to play in the snow in April.  Or if you're me, it's a rare opportunity to get to ooh and ahh at the wonder and magic of the snow through the window, while cuddled up to the space heater in April.  

But magic and wonder and sparkling isolation aside, it does seem like a bit of a dirty trick on Ma Nature's part to keep the winter fairly open and then unleash snowy heck past the midpoint of the month of April.  Even my Jeep's a little Over It.  Take a gander at it, rolling its eyes in the picture, right in front of me like that!

The snow won't last forever, Friends.  But we can be mad that it snowed or okay with it,  Either way, we're going to have the same amount of snow!                                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment